Step 1: Review your current tech
It’s a huge task, but conducting a tech audit for your business will reveal IT activity – from where devices are located and how often they are used, to which devices are to be upgraded, updated, repurposed, or retired – as well as the solutions, processes and protocols that do or don’t work – setting you on a clear path to planning your new working environments.
One solution that can help is IT Asset Management software, NetSupport DNA…
Track and monitor its use…
Once installed, it goes to work collecting detailed data, helping you to gain a summary of all activity – even for specific users. The Efficiency View is a great starting point to see at a glance how your technology is being used.
- Hardware/software inventory – View hardware/software for a single device, department or bespoke group to see details such as unused PCs, PCs with the lowest spec, disk space, software usage and more. You can also view and record accounting information (purchase details, lease and maintenance plans and much more) for every PC.
- Software application metering – Monitor which applications, programs and even store apps staff use (or do not use), plus any renewal dates.
- Spotlight feature – See more details about a selected PC (e.g. any applications, services, websites and processes in use), all in a single glance.
- Energy/print usage – Keep informed of how many PCs are left on out of hours, where print costs are generated – and, most importantly, how these costs can significantly add up over time.
- USB usage – View which company-issued USBs are used the most/least.
- Alerting suite – Monitor hundreds of scenarios and receive warnings when problems occur − or, better still, before they occur, such as when a particular PC/server is struggling, where licence usage counts are reaching limits or when software has been uninstalled from a PC.
- Data protection/GDPR tools – Identify whether software you have installed is compliant, where any sensitive information is stored, prevent data breaches and support individuals’ rights by easily identifying and archiving/removing data history.
- Reporting tools – Create custom on-screen and print-optimised reports reports in minutes for individual devices, users, departments and dynamic groups – for a clear illustration of the data.
- User Management – Locate and manage users, including tracking of user acceptance forms, history of changes and changes to custom user details.