Student interaction is at the heart of learning, yet many teaching tools only focus on behaviour restriction (web/app metering or locking screens). Without the effective tools to empower students and allow them to really engage with the instruction, lessons delivered via technology risk becoming a passive experience for students.
Top tips to boost student engagement in class
- Instruction – Screen and audio sharing ensure teachers can easily instruct and explain lesson activities.
- Communication – Enable students to communicate directly with the teacher and resolve queries quickly through features like help requests and chat.
- Gamified assessment – Trigger students’ competitive instincts and keep them engaged using ’random select’ modes when quizzing.
- Accessibility – Making sure that the lesson information (lesson objectives/learning outcomes or approved websites/apps) is easily reachable during class.
- Monitor – Keeping an eye on student activity via screen monitoring is key to ensuring they’re on task when working independently.