Tony Sheppard (Head of services at GDPR in Schools) features on NetSupport Radio’s Five in Five – where education sector experts share their five hints or tips on a chosen topic.
Tony discusses with Al Kingsley his five tips for keeping data safe:
- Know who is responsible for data protection
- Be clear on what should or should not be on show at parents’ evenings
- Identify who can be the school’s DPO – all schools need one and they must be independent without any conflict of interest
- Be aware of the data that your school has – and the tools that can help you protect and manage it.
- Understand what counts as a data breach – and the golden rules around what to do if you think your school has one.
To learn more about these, click here!