Kat Cauchi (ReallySchool Product Manager and a former primary school teacher at Dogsthorpe Infant School) features on NetSupport Radio’s Five in Five – where education sector experts share their five hints or tips on a chosen topic.
Kat discusses with Al Kingsley her five tips for engaging parents in primary schools and recommends:
- Using technology to your advantage when keeping busy parents in the loop about their child’s learning
- Making a list of which student’s parents you want to connect with at the start of term (making it easier to continue throughout the rest of the year)
- Greeting students and parents in the mornings to give parents an opportunity to see you
- Calling out reminders for things children need to tell their parents about (as a back-up to slips that can and do get lost)
- Having difficult conversations face to face to allow parents to respond directly and work on the issue together.
To listen to the full interview, click here!